An Informational Present

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS SIX YEARS AGO

(Surely you remember?) 

...And in those six years, multiple research projects have affirmed and reaffirmed that SENOLYTICS is a big deal.

The science of senolytics: how a new pill could spell the end of ageing

                                  *


I'm reminded of this by a well-researched article in The Guardian, a newspaper I respect. Aside from that hyperbolic, click-bait-ish headline, it's a fair summary of the state of knowledge on the subject.

In brief: Certain drugs and several supplements help the body get rid of senescent cells, "zombie cells" that don't die after they quit doing their thing and just hang around spitting out inflammatory chemicals that damage various organs, joints, and brain cells. The senolytic agents augment apoptosis, nature's way of killing off the senescent cells. When those senescent cells are gone, things start improving measurably (see the mouse with the young look in the Guardian piece.)

WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING FOR TWO YEARS

Doing what I usually do to gain some benefit from the latest research -- finding what exactly was tested and buying some of it to add to my anti-aging arsenal -- I have been following this recipe:

Quercetin - 2 grams

Fisetin - 250 mg

DHEA - 50 mg

That's a big dose.  But I only take it twice a month, something the research also discovered.

IS IT WORKING?

Hard to tell.  Since I feel pretty much like I did six years ago (and I'm just as pretty), I can at least say it doesn't hurt. Of course, as noted, since I do a lot of other "healthspan extension" stuff, who can attribute what to what? (I now have many characteristics of that rejuvenated mouse!)

Exploitation = Confirmation? 

I'm comforted by the fact that companies are getting on this bandwagon and offering senolytic formulas (minus the drug Dasatinib which the Mayo Clinic says is a powerful senolytic).  Here's an example. [That's not an endorsement, btw.]

Please consider this a wee "informational Christmas present," and check it out for yourself.  That mouse sets a high bar.


*Graphic credit

PS1: A Duff double down.

PS2: If I suddenly drop dead, forget all that  stuff I've been hyping. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty