Stormy Daniels' New Book Made Me Do It

Never Pass a Chance to Beat Your Favorite Drum

Hey, Y'all. Look out for Trolls and Bots!

I was reading the "Comments" section after a review of Ms. Daniels' new book, Full Disclosure, in the Washington Post.  Lo and behold, my expert Troll/Bot spotting eyes saw quite a few.

So I fired up my favorite motor scooter and scooted right in with this:


duffworx
Herein is a great collection of reader comments. It's the perfect place to look for Russian/Iranian/N.Korean, et al Troll/bots. WaPo, imho, is under high volume troll attacks in the Comments space because there is not much high level moderating.  Trolls all over!
HOW TO SPOT 'EM: Remember a standard attack mode (to create the  social chaos called 'polarization') is to escalate the hyperbole on BOTH sides of the GAS (Great American Split). I say 'remember' because a lot of people still think those cyber warriors are all Trumpsters, alt-righters, etc.  Not so!  Here at the mighty WaPo, you are more likely to see nasty lefties, pushing the envelope toward nastier, more outrageous low umbrage. (Lots of nasty righties over on Breitbart.)
Another trick in use is the Overly Obvious Must Deny (OOMB) handles. Like "Russian Troll,"  I saw somewhere. "Commiecomic, Kremlinerd, GRU-R-U," are some others. "A real troll wouldn't dare do that," is the response they seek.
So have a cruise thru comments, here and elsewhere, and see how many "likes" the obvious trollsters get.  And remember, there are bots out there with the job of"liking" what their troll cousins post. 
[My humble suggestion for how to fix this pitiful situation]: 

I only keep clanging this bell because I think the "informational" part of the full fledged cyber war we are in is cancerous to our country. We are living in an information jungle, getting denser by the second. Only a small part of our government(s), local, state and federal, seem to be treating it seriously enough, so I'll keep hollering, if you don't mind.

olde scooter



Silly aside
I invented - for me at least - OOMB (pronounced, you know, "oomb") and GAS. There are so many new acronyms, I bet olde folks like me spend a fair percentage of their googlebinging looking them up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present