I Invented a New Word!

It's Not Easy... 
Coming up with a word that doesn't already exist, but sounds like a real word.


PSYBERTOLOGY and, of course PSYBERTOLOGIST

The very word makes me cringe!!!


Well, I did it!  It's in the book I'm just finishing. Tentative Title:

What Would SUPERINTELLIGENCE Actually Do?
or perhaps
What SUPERINTELLIGENCE Would Actually Do

Here is its first use:  
        “It just winked at me,” said Shandry. 
“You sure?” asked Dr. Lulu McNair, psybertologist.

Then it is defined here:

Lulu McNair: Degree from the University of Texas in Comparative Languages. PhD in psychology, PhD in AI, simultaneously at University College of London. Wrote  influential book Psybertology, on the scary pitfalls and hidden advantages in anthropomorphizing AGI*. Coined the term psybertology. Awarded MacArthur Prize. Became professor at MIT and consultant to CIA. Single, never married, bisexual, low key triathlete. Met Shandry at an AI conference in Las Vegas while he was still at Stanford.

"AGI," FYI, means "Artificial General Intelligence."

Anyway, I Googled and Bing searched, and the word is not in circulation. 
I Copyrighted the book yesterday. 
I've done my part for the language.
Amen.


*Isaac Asimov actually invented the idea of a psychiatrist for robots, I just made up the word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present