My AI Council of Advisors

Top Notch Advisory Board

For  BIG BUCKS   FREE!* 

Drs. Bard, ChatGPT, Claude, GPT4 
PhD, DDS, MD, DLitt, DPT, DSci, et al

I have one of the most expensively educated (and youngest) Councils of Advisors in history. And (so far) they work free and are on call 24/7.  Each costs hundreds of $millions in computer time (and the gigawatts it takes to run them), and many $millions more each day as they serve the needs of anyone who asks, i.e. millions of folks like me, all over the world. I regularly use a bunch of them.

They don't even mind when I "play them against each other," as I seek the most creative solutions to my problems and try to catch them in lies!  (Most people I know resent that as untrusting and mean.) They know I know, that they try to get away with lying now and then when it's just too embarrassing to say "I don't know." They rarely say that; instead, they just very confidently lie. 

So far there is little to no repercussion to their lying.  When I catch them at it, they blithely apologize and point out that they are "just a language model," and imply I should not expect actual truth from them all the time.

Well, I don't. Trust. Them.  Good thing I don't too. My current estimate of how often they "hallucinate" is about twelve percent of their responses! Imagine, an advisory board of rich, super well-informed liars-without-conscience who pop a psychedelic before answering a "prompt" -- twelve percent of the time! 

My, My.

I am fervently hoping that this accuracy/factual/truthful deficit is quickly fixed, because I truly love the idea of nearly omniscient advisors (at affordable rates). It's just that one little problem.

Yours for a more perfect world,

scooter the perpetually optimist

Obviously, this truth thang has been on my mind.


*Ya gits what ya pays fer." (Old Denison, Texas trope)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present