Avoiding the News

Big Cutback Announcement
I've Avoided Most of "The News" for Days

I feel very guilty, but greatly de-stressed.  Ahhhhh.




Oh, them golden skippers...















NO NEWS IS GOOD. PERIOD. (Just for a short break when you need it.)

I know I'm ignoring frightening threats. I'm skipping my civic duty, and ghosts of conscience chase me down the street, howling, "It's your RESPONSIBILITY to suffer through the awful diet of daily downers."

Well, no it's not. I have walked away from TV newscasts as they become too irritating  I have been reading Science News instead of Salon, Phys.org instead of the Washington Post, which is a hearse full of frights every day. (I do sneak back and look at Toles and Telnaes.)

I've been listening to audiobooks (Iain M. Banks; Frank Herbert) instead of news podcasts.  There is balm in tweetless days. Oh the relief.  I have gone for hours avoiding media of any kind (Gasp!)

Just wanted you to know why you haven't seen any biting commentary on our mutual madnesses here for a couple days.

OH, and I'm writing fiendishly on two new novels. 

I'll get over this before too long.  I hope.






Pix credit
Felix credit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present