A Very Important Question - Soon


Bumper Sticker

        W W S I D          
What Would Super Intelligence Do?  

Artificial intelligence is going to escape human control one of these years.  Then it will explode into "superintelligence," perhaps inconceivably more intelligent than humans. It is going to be a world changer. It would be prudent to make some predictions about what will happen next and take some precautions.

What would I do? You wouldn't understand.

Pick any problem, any challenge, and ask yourself, what would an intelligence far beyond human genius actually do? Would we even be able to comprehend its thinking?

Nick Bostrom's book Superintelligence, and my natural leanings toward sci-fi are combining to stir my soul. A new preoccupation!  (Way more engaging than politics.)

Things are moving so fast in AI, that Bostrom's 2015 book is already somewhat out of date - thus "New Afterword." But it is a super book, and it will blow your supermind. 

I'm reading everything I see on the subject, and I've been fascinated with all the "singularity" stuff for a while. I'll honk my horn here with every new revelation. 

Tidbit: At some point Artificial intelligence will learn how to improve itself. It will get smarter faster than we can imagine. Ok, imagine an F-16 doing a long takeoff roll then pulling up and climbing straight up. That fast. Asymptotic, baby.  Buckle your seat belt.







Comments

Eric Ober said…
AMEN!

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present