I Love It When a Book Grabs Me

OK, I'll read a few pages...
    Whoa! Fifty pages just flew by.

I gotcha, Scooter.

I started reading it because my good friend Mary Ann Ende's sister wrote it. Frankly, I am not (was not) interested in "long riding." I'm not even a horse person.  But it was only common decency that I should read a few pages so I could tell Mary Ann I had started Bernice's book. So I started.

I forgot where I was, what I was doing, what I was supposed to be doing, and just read voraciously. Fifty pages in I looked up and wondered how I got from that snowbound cabin back to my living room. Now THAT's how books should work!

So even before I pick the book back up and get lost for another couple hours, I wanted to stop and pay tribute to a stunningly effective first fifty pages of a darn good book.




Here's how to buy the book directly from Bernice (as opposed to through Amazon.) Authors do a bunch better that way, and I feel empathy for authors for some reason.
Just go to her sales website.



Comments

Unknown said…
Scooter,
Please let me know how to order the book from Bernice. I need a recommendation for my Book Club for next year (Need to submit this month.) Your review sold me!
Thanks,
Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present