My New Passion - Reconciliation

When You Are Falling Apart
The Only Thing to Do Is
Get Yourself Together.

We're at each other's throats.

*
The local political discussion got sort of out of hand
I was indulging my penchant to "comment" on Breitbart's very active comments sections. This was on Stephen Bannon's speech to the California Republicans on the 20th, I think. Great carping and RINO bashing plus the usual snarling at Liberals, the cancers of humanity, etc.
It Hit Me.  We're falling apart quite rapidly. Brother against sister, wife against husband, neighbor against neighbor... Just like The Rooskies would like us to be. Fastest way to break tip a champion team is to get the players feuding. 

[In my opinion, about 50% of the nasties on Breitbart are Russian bots. The insulting, demeaning, pure nasty tone of many of the shorter retorts are bot-popped in there with sophisticated placement. The real Breitbartian folks, not only the"hard core," "alt-right," "Trump uber alles" folks, but many plain old Republican conservatives get stirred up by the catalytic input from the bot/troll farms. It's not a secret how to whip up a mob.]

So I have adopted a new passion. This is the first chapter. It's what we can do that I think will save America.  It's this:

The most patriotic thing you can do is anything that will bring Americans back together
  

...so I had this exchange, starting with my "most patriotic" advocacy.


A BREITBART EXCHANGE, 10.21.2017  
    I STARTED WITH...
I don’t doubt that most Breitbart patrons consider themselves patriots. Patriots want their country to succeed, to prosper, to "crown their good with brotherhood." The hate smear of California, the name-calling of people you disagree with, the smug, snide and divisive language used on sites such as Breitbart's "comments" sections, is the exact opposite of patriotism. Dividing our country into feuding camps with Hatfield/McCoy viciousness is obviously super destructive to the country we all love. 
PATRIOTISM is the hard work of bringing us back together. You know, brotherhood.

  THIS LITTLE SERMON PISSED OFF Oldeagel:
Oldeagle145✓CovfefeConnoisseur 11 minutes ago
Such high platitudes from a liberal... Lets see exactly what I am.... An angry white man, a racist, a rube, redneck, homophobe, bigot...... I could go on and on. You god damn liberals will have earned everything that comes your way in the long run. Shut your pie hole moron.

   ONE OPEN MINDED GUY, Simon SAID THIS:
Simon Oldeagle145✓CovfefeConnoisseur 8 minutes ago
But their point is correct. The vast majority of both liberals and conservatives are ordinary Americans with far more in common than differences between them. The current political climate is toxic, and it doesn't matter which "side" you're on.


   I TOOK ONE MORE SHOT:
seniorjunior (scooter duff)
Oldeagle145✓CovfefeConnoisseur a few seconds ago
You’re right, some liberals say those rotten things, granted, and I'm as critical of them as I am of those on the right. No disputes were ever solved (and we've GOT to solve them) with name calling. My "pie hole" is blurting a message of hope. Do you think all Americans with liberal views should be executed, banned to California, or just what? Either we find ways to talk and WORK together or the U.S.A. will lose. You'll be tired of losing so much.
  
...AND THIS CAME DOWN FROM Frederick.    SIGH.
Frederick Friaday
11 minutes ago
You mean we should placate them?
You can't unify with a cancer. It has to be cut out.

I don't believe there were any bots involved. This was a fairly decent exchange of ideas.
Look for me to get all redundant with this "most patriotic" thing. I really believe it.

*Daryl Cagle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present