Teddy and Bernie

By Gosh, I Think I've Got It!
Bernie caught some gaff for having a narrow focus campaign. Here's how he's going to broaden it out. IMHO.
And that doesn't mean he's running for anything, 
just being Bernie.


*Teddy as the model for...
...The New Bernie campaign?*


I was zapping through the pile of political pitches I get everyday on my old fashioned e-mail (wduffer@aol.com), zap, zap, zap... Congressmen from Colorado, Florida, Ohio... on and on, Democrats I never heard of, but I'm on "The List." I don't get irritated, I just get rid of the ads; I mean after all, they're Democrats.
After I finished my zapping, I had a snack and set to recording another audiobook chapter. Then it hit me, based on one of the ads I zapped.
 Here 'tis:
It was when I dragged it up again that I noticed it was a Bernie ad, and I said, "That's it!"
Do you how many great quotes flowed from Teddy R? About half of them are pure Bernie-isms.
Teddy was rough riding on the mega corporations of HIS time. Pure Bernie!
Teddy means conservation. Teddy means Big Stick. Teddy means diversity. And of course, Teddy means anti-big corporate political power. If he were here today and saw Citizens United, he'd get out his elephant gun.
For his time, Teddy was kind of a wild Progressive.
... and he was a Republican.

So, I think it's a heckuva idea to point out that (aside from the actual rough riding) Bernie is a 21st Century Teddy, and that sounds to me like a great campaign concept. Good work, Bernie campaign folks, you nailed it!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present