Monsters You Might Have Overlooked

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it won't eat your ship


I'm Talking "Monster" News Stories, BTW
(Forgive the seasonal tricks... the treats are below)


The SuperTech Beast That Ate Our Politics
They know EVERYTHING about you


You might have noticed I'm very disturbed about this combination of computational linguistics, A.I. big data analysis and very hardcore rightwingism... Owned by billionaire rightwing ideologue Robert Mercer, this outfit MADE FAKE NEWS WORK on behalf of DJTrump. Oh, and they did lying on a cosmic scale to PUSH BREXIT. And heaven knows what they are up to at this very moment!
--A powerful piece with the latest updates on the CAC (Cambridge Analytical Catastrophe) is in the Oct 29th London Guardian.  Gather your courage and check it out here.

How About "I always believed that, but now I learn I'm WRONG!" ???
"Lungs of the Planet" sucking up that CO2, right? Right??

I always believed the world's great jungles and rain forests were absorbing CO2 like crazy, helping keep global warming at bay. Oh sure, I was concerned about rampant deforestation, but hey, there are so many giant jungles in our tropics, I was still reassured they were doing their part.
Wrongo, Duffo

It's another super big story (along with the highest level of CO2 in 800,000 years), that the world's mega-forests are actually ADDING CO2 to our heating atmosphere. This is a monster fact for sure.
**
Ok, I'm depressed.
Want an overview (depression alert!)? Check this FACT from the very latest findings from our very newest technology:  THE NET CARBON GAIN FROM ALL TROPICAL FORESTS IS ~425,000,000 METRIC TONS PER YEAR.***  From the MODIS Pan Tropical satellite data.
So, taking comfort from all those trees cleaning out the CO2?

F U G G I D A B O U T I T

"Happy" Halloween.

[A "political" take downblog]

* pix credit
** pix credit
*** source Oct 13 Science Magazine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present