Vertical Farming

Running Out of Water, Land and Trees

Gotta love this:
Now THAT's a farm! Check it out. And this baby produces food 24/7/365, using a tiny percentage of the water the same production would use in flat farming. (Still Sci-Fi, btw.)

On a smaller scale there is Valcent. (Full disclosure: I bought some penny shares in Valcent.)

And further pumping up my Sci-Fi sense, when we master farming vertically, we will be ready to grow greens on the moon and Mars. Gotta have your greens, SpaceBusters.

Look ahead; behind is a mess.

Comments

Unknown said…
I like this vertical farming. While the short term viability or adoption is not a straight up and down call, the technology and its future seems to be.

http://www.duffminster.com/SilverandGold

Since we have similiar names, I thought you might post a link to my blog as well.

Regards,
F. Duffminster
Knox Herrington (the video artist) said…
I wrote a paper on these, great idea. Portland just recently decided to utilize some old building to create something similar, but not as evolved.

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present