Obsession Cured

That's It, I'm Passing the Ball to Stronger Runner
Imagine the jet is the Bot/Troll story. Big, threatening and capable.
I've been driven to pump out alarums for over a month about the social media warfare being waged by America's non-friends. Every time I felt a blog post coming on, it was this. I was slightly obsessed. This super story was not getting enough attention, methought. But things are getting better.

I saw great stuff over the last week indicating the bot/troll awareness and assessment is penetrating the public's mind and even (surprise) the House and Senate Intelligence Committees. Pundits have caught the wave, politicians running for office have mentioned it. Even (gasp) the "mainstream media." (Not the rightwing media much, nor the Trump Administration much.)

I felt a strong urge to clang away at the alarm bell. I hardly ever feel that way.

So Yea! Part of my obsession with it was it seemed like the Congress/Pundit/Media folks were oblivious to the real danger in the psycho-cyber warfare aspect of what the Russians, Iranians, North Koreans, Chinese, Eastern Europeans were throwing at us.

Now I've seen story after story on TV - much of it PBS - and newspaper sites aplenty taking it seriously and waking up their audiences to the threat.  Huzzah! (Nobody says huzzah any more.)

So, have at it gentlemen and gentlewomen; I applaud your slightly slow revelations. I will make the occasional recommendation, but I will stop clanging the alarm bell. (Not that my wee bell had but a tiny effect.)




Olde Scooter's 10 bot shots. (in 26 days)
Clanging the bell in exotic places
Classic NASTYBOT (A name I tried to push)
Collateral damage in the bot/troll war, identity
Primer on NASTYBOTS
What to do? Oh what to do?
Anger: "You owe it to your country to know what's happening here."
The general alarm, with details and scary pictures
Twelve ways to spot troll/bots
They spy on all bloggers. All.
My first bot blog.  If you read "comments" on any web site, look for these "tells." September 14

At least I was "on the story early." Ta Daaaa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present