The Prodigal Cat

A Lost Kitty Event Defined Genders?
Who Knew?*

It all started like this, a post on our Nextdoor.com neighborhood bulletin board.
My favorite cat had just poofed away. I waited three days - her longest away time so far - and put this out:


Lost Black Kitty

Our feral-turned-garage-cat has gone missing. Totally black with her left ear clipped by the feral rescue folks, Black Kitty has those luminescent aquamarine eyes and is a purely one-man cat, partially rehabbed from full feral. She will be hard to catch. If you see a smallish black cat, please give us a call. 281-5165. Thanks.

(What I wrote on YouTube, celebrating the return.)
Prodigal black cat named Black Kitty came home to her usual evening meal and rubdown in Olde Scooter's garage. Ten days gone. Her longest sojourn previously, three days. So I had accepted here gone-ness, mourned her, and even started thinking about a new cat. 
Then there she was.
Never give up hope unless you find the body.
Thank You Lord.

...and I announced the small miracle to my neighbors on Nextdoor.com.

Black Kitty

Black Kitty is home! Ten days on the road, and none the worse for wear. Dorothy, Susan and others kept telling me not to give up hope, but I did, accepting her demise, mourning and even thinking about another cat, since three days was her record for road trips up 'til now. Thanks to all who kept a lookout, sent sympathies, etc. That helped. Short vid of BK on YouTube at https://youtu.be/NOH7Q4_1SKI
Nine neighborhood women cheered my great relief from sadness. 


I'm so happy for you AND Black Kitty. That is just wonderful

Yay! Good news, Will. We always had pretty good luck with black and white cats. I think coyotes hesitate, thinking they’re skunks😁

Fabulous news!

Great!

Wonderful!

Oh my...she is so GORGEOUS!! What a beauty....so happy she is home safe!
               Susan 
Hooray! And thanks for the video. She’s beautiful.

That is so cool! Such a long time to be away, wonder what adventures she had. Good, Good, Good!!

So pretty. Looks like my favorite cat I had when I was a little girl. Mickey.

 One guy Stephan sent "Wo‎nderful news!" but he chose a private e-mail. (Others can't see his reply like they can on Nextdoor.com.)

Since "demographics" were such a big part of my work life, I was struck
by the huge female skew. 

I dare not attach my male interpretation, but it's very pro-female.

*Actual research


Comments

Unknown said…
Yeah! It's a thing! Glad your kitty came home!

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present