Bullbat

The Common Uncommon Nighthawk
Swarming over our humble mountain cottage.

Back in Bonham, Texas, we called them bull-bats. I'm not sure why. Oh yeah, they fly like bats and boom like bulls. (I've never heard the bull-bat booms, but I believe in them.)
*
You can call me Bull.
I have rarely seen them by the flock, a swarm of dozens. Mostly I see them in pairs or four or five at most. Tonight, after an afternoon of thundershowers, there was a nighthawk convention right over our bit of land. I grabbed my phone and started taking video. The bull-bats are just flickering spots mostly, but the clouds are cool.

Here's three and a half minutes of clouds with a few flickerings. Grab a beer and check it out.

Scooter



*Nighthawk pix credit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooter Duff's Theory of Cosmology [A work in progress]

Rick and Morty

An Informational Present